Around mid-November with the colder weather and shorter days is when it starts to feel like the end of the year is fast approaching, which also means it's about time to organise the 4th annual Christmas Green Beauty Swap! For those of you who are new here, the idea is to exchange gifts with other green/natural/organic beauty lovers across the world! It's a lot of fun getting to know new friends who share similar interests and, of course, giving and receiving gifts to open on Christmas Day too! If you'd like to take part in this year's Christmas swap, just read through all the info below and email me with the following details to sign up...
HOW IT WORKS:
- Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Christmas Green Beauty Swap 2016" to say you'd like to take part, along with:
- Your name
- Blog URL (or social media handle if you don't have a blog)
- Country of residence
- If you'd prefer a swap within your own country or an international swap.
(The last day to sign up is 20th November)
- You will be randomly paired up (using random.org) and I'll send out emails to introduce you to your partner on 21st November, after sign-up closes. From there, you'll agree on a budget and timescale for your swap and let each other know if you have any allergies or specific ingredients you prefer to avoid in your beauty products.
- Get shopping for green beauty gifts! Keep chatting with your swap partner and browse their blog/social media to find out their likes & dislikes so you can get them something they'll love!
- Exchange shipping details and post your parcel to your swap partner - make sure you send it with enough time to arrive before Christmas. When you receive your swap parcel, put it under the tree ready to open and enjoy on Christmas Day! If you have a blog, feel free to write up a blog post about your swapping experience to share what you received and remember to use the hashtag #GreenBeautySwap on social media!
- Send your parcel by recorded/tracked delivery if possible. That way it can avoid parcels going missing and your swap partner will be able to track the parcel. Also, send your package before the last recommended xmas postal times to make sure your gift arrives in time for Christmas Day!
- Make sure you package everything securely, especially if you're sending internationally.
- Also be sure to check what you can/can't send if posting abroad to avoid any customs issues.
P.S. If you'd like to help get more people involved, feel free to share this post on social media using the hashtag #GreenBeautySwap :)